THE ‘PIXIE’ BOARD VISION
AEL Microsystems Limited specialise in the design of embedded hardware and software solutions used in a broad range of applications. Using our expertise gained across the past 40 years we have developed a range of expansion boards for the Raspberry Pi providing a cost effective solution for using this single board computer for rapid prototyping, product development, data monitoring and acquisition, process control and may other applications.
The key objectives of the PIXIE board are:
- Provide an expansion board to allow the use of a Raspberry Pi in industrial environments.
- Allow for more than one expansion board to be stacked onto an existing Raspberry Pi unlike a HAT.
- 16 boards can be stacked and given a unique logical address using the board selector switches.
- Provides a low-cost industrial control solution.
- Standard board profile which is the same as the Raspberry Pi.
- Optional enclosure to allow mounting direct to industrial DIN rail.
- Fully software configurable, i.e. no links to set.
- Can use either SPI devices 0 or 1.
- Supported is provided for National Instruments LabVIEW.
- Comes with fully supported PIXIE software API and libraries, for ‘C’, ‘C++’ and Python
Custom Engineering Solutions
AEL Microsystems Limited provides a complete engineering design service consisting of hardware analogue and digital design and supporting software solutions, prototyping and small batch production.